State law prohibits smoking in Cain Park. This means there is no smoking within the gated areas, i.e.:
- All Restrooms and Walkways That Are Within the Gates of Both Theaters
- Alma Courtyard (the Gated Area Surrounding the Art Gallery and Alma Theater)
- The Alma Theater
- Feinberg Art Gallery
- Colonnade (Evans Covered Picnic Area)
- Evans Amphitheater (Both the Covered, Reserved Seats and the Open-Air Lawn Area)
- Terrace (Evans Main Concession Area)
Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside both theaters.
Depending on audience demographics and the type of event, standing during a concert may be accepted as normal Many artists will instruct Cain Park staff not to ask anyone to sit down during their performance. Each situation is handled on an individual basis. Cain Park reserves the right to ask disruptive patrons and those refusing to respect our rules to leave the premises without refund.
As a courtesy to the performers and those seated around you, please silence all cell phones, smartphones, pagers, and watches with alarms prior to the performance and again after intermission. Disturbing fellow patrons by loud conversation or otherwise inappropriate behavior is not permitted and may result in removal from the event without a refund.
We make every effort to start Cain Park events on time - so please allow ample time for travel, parking, and walking the well-lit pathways into the park. But if in spite of your good intentions, you arrive after the performance has started, you will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager. Cain Park accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience.
Photos / Recording Devices
Actors' Equity Association and most performer's contracts prohibit the use of cameras and recording devices of any type. All cameras and recording devices may be checked at the Ticket Office for pick-up following the concert. If the performer welcomes or encourages photography and/or recording during their concert, Cain Park will follow their wishes.
- Please do not distribute flyers or promotional materials without asking permission of Cain Park's Public Relations Office. We like to cooperate with other organizations but both partners need to benefit from the arrangement. If you ignore this request, Cain Park staff will confiscate your handouts and return them to you after audience members have left.
- Ohio state law and local ordinance prohibit bringing your own alcoholic beverages to Cain Park. The concession area sells wine, beer, coffee, soft drinks, and snacks. All carry-in items and coolers, including purses, will be checked by staff at the gates. Items not permitted: bringing your own alcoholic beverages, glass items of any kind, pets*, cameras, recording devices of any type, candles (including incense or any type of burning insect repellant). You will be asked to return any unauthorized items to your vehicle or you can check them in at the Main Ticket Office and pick them up at the end of the concert or performance. Cain Park assumes no risk for these items.
- Lawn chairs are not permitted on the front part of the lawn seating area. They are only permitted in the designated location at the back of the lawn seating area.
*With the exception of service animals assisting disabled patrons, pets are not permitted.